Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link. Read my full disclosure policy here: https://bit.ly/3dDXOcB.
We love good art supplies around here! There are the classics that I HAVE to keep on hand around here (and at the play cafe I own) and then there are some fun, different art mediums that toddlers and preschoolers love. These are supplies are the best simply because they keep kids entertained for awhile.
Here are the supplies I love and the reasons why.
- DoodleHog Dab and Dot Markers– these nontoxic markers are amazing! Honestly, every time I bring them out and put them on the art tables in the cafe, the kids flock to the table and stay for awhile. They love seeing the colors mix and watching the ink come out on the paper. They’re WASHABLE (complete win in my opinion) and are perfectly designed for little hands. Think bingo dotters, but way better!
- Sargent Art 1 Pound Tubs– Y’all. We went through play dough like crazy when my youngest was 2-3 years old. I needed to find a brand that gave you a lot for a little bit of money and didn’t crumble within a half hour. I am so glad I stumbled upon this brand of play dough. The price changes frequently on amazon, but I have been able to get the 6 pack of multicolor tubs for under $12 multiple times.
- Crayola Erasable Colored Pencils– My daughter loves to color with pencils but would get so frustrated when she went outside the lines. These colored pencils solved that problem. Easy Peasy.
- OOLY Paint Sticks– You don’t need brushes or water. The colors are vibrant and mixable. Honestly, these are so fun for kids (and adults alike).
- Crayola Washable Paint Pots– I have tried to find a paint that I like more than Crayola. No idea why. I just figured someone else had to create an equally good product. But if it’s out there, I haven’t found it yet.
Do you have a favorite arts and crafts product not on the list? Let us know in the comments below!