Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link. Read my full disclosure policy here: https://bit.ly/3dDXOcB.
You may be wondering how you explain to your toddler or preschooler the ways of the weather world. Fear not. You do not need to get all complicated. Follow these simple steps and you will have one weather-person on your hands!
1. LOOK OUTSIDE. This may seem obvious, but look and talk about what you see. Is the sun out? What are those white puffy things in the sky? Is the sun behind it? What color is the sky? Simply asking open ended questions can be the gateway for your child to understanding more of what the weather is doing.
2. ASK QUESTIONS. Ask questions about why the sun may be out or why it needs to rain. What does it mean when it’s windy?
3. READ WEATHER RELATED BOOKS. Below, you will find a list of books that will help explain the weather.
1. Oh Say Can You Say What’s the Weather Today?: All About Weather (Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library) by Tishe Rabe
2. In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb Paperback by Marion Dane Bauer
3. Peppa Pig and the Muddy Puddles Paperback by Candlewick Press
4. Little Critter, Just a Big Storm by Mercer Mayer