The Christmas season is full of wonderful traditions. Some passed down from generation to generation, some fresh to a new family. They are essentially what makes the holiday season what it is. Spending time with friends and family, watching a classic Christmas movie, reading a special book, decorating in wreaths and twinkling lights. No matter what it is, the point is to spend time doing what makes you feel happy. One of my favorite traditions is reading Christmas stories as a family while we all drink hot cocoa. This year I am adding these fun DIY Gingerbread Cookie Hangers for our mugs.
How To Make Gingerbread Cookie Hangers
- Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
- Tubed Frosting (Red or White)
- Mini Candy Canes
- Melting Chocolate
1. Begin by removing your mini candy cane from the package and putting a small strip of frosting
on the back of the candy cane, not on the side where the hook overhangs.
2. Place the candy cane on the back of the cookie with the hook facing out. Place the candy cane
near the top of the cookie.
3. Next, melt a few pieces of melting chocolate in the microwave in a small bowl. It really doesn’t
4. Drizzle the melting chocolate over the bottom of the candy cane and set the cookie in the fridge
for a few minutes.
5. Once finished in the fridge, the cookies should be ready to hang on any cup of warm liquid!
Aren’t they just so cute?
They will be perfect in our mugs of hot cocoa while we read our festive stack of books and the left overs will taste delicious with my afternoon coffee the next day. That is, if there are any left over!
Like this post?
See how you can get the work done for you in our monthly subscription box! Check it out here!
Join the newsletter
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.